Thursday, August 9, 2007

Beat the Heat




Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but here in Virginia the heat is out of control. I don't even want to leave my house or go to the pool. I do hear that relief is coming this weekend.

Hubby got a call today from 3 of his college friends that happen to all be available to play golf on Saturday. Since three of them are coming from one city and hubby from another, they have decided to meet in the middle at Wintergreen. It is typically known as a ski resort, but they have done a great job at making it a year around destination. They have a spa, several pools, a lake with this big jumpy that Mr. 5 is so excited to try out and of course golf and skiiing. I of course told him to go and have a great time. He is always very considerate and makes sure that I don't mind or have anything planned for the family.

My mind starts spinning and I think since they aren't playing until 11:00 the children and I can come along and we can spend the night and make a weekend out of it. So, I am very excited that the high on Saturday is only supposed to be 79 degrees. It may give me a little taste of fall. I am so over my summer wardrobe and excited to jump back into my fall wardrobe.

Now instead of hubby leaving very early on Saturday am and not returning until late Saturday night we all get to go!! Because you know they will have to play 27 holes because of all the great extras (we haven't see each other in so long, the weather was so great, we were tied and had a play a couple of extra holes to determine the winner.) If your husband plays golf, you have heard all of these. I am glad he has an activity that he has so much fun with.



I have been bugging hubby about how we need a second home that we can use as an investment and also as a vacation spot for us. So, Wintergreen is my new choice of where this that needs to happen. I love the beach, but unfortunately a beach is at least 5 hours from our house, so this will work .Since we are going to be there this weekend, we are going to meet with a realtor and see what is available. I will keep you posted on the development. Keep your fingers crossed.

4 comments:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Have fun!! I'll be pulling for you! That way we'll have the lake and the mountains covered!

PaperCourt said...

I hate to make you jealous but the high in Seattle today is only 72. I was wearing a jacket this morning. Have a great weekend.

Doodle Bugs said...

here in Mississippi it is 100.. and beyond miserable! I am so ready for beautiful fall weather.
I hope you had a great weekend!

Gabi said...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend! The place look lovely. Hopefully the meeting with the realtor was productive. Having a vacation home would be great.