Monday, October 15, 2007

Weekend

The weekend is over and we are back home in our routine. It was a fun and busy weekend. My show went well. I love the shows, but what a pain it is to load and unload, set up my display and take down my display. Luckily the show was at a male school, so there were lots of strong young students to help with all of the above. The weather was beautiful and it definitely finally felt like fall.
My Mom brought the children to the show, because they were also having a fall festival at the school with every imaginable jumpy and activity that a five year old would love.
Saturday night was my reunion. The guys flaked out on us, so it was just the girls and their spouses. Needless to say I was the only one without a spouse , since hubby was having a blast at his reunion. He is still recovering today. A day of golf, a football game and three nights of a partying for him!
At my reunion we met at a restaurant that I had not been to in a while. I actually had hubbies 30th Surprise birthday there seven years ago, so it was nice to be back there again.
Not many girls had really changed since high school. Everyone had children and a wide variety of careers. There was a couple of stay at home moms, a decorator, environmental scientist, dentist, lawyer, nurse, nurse practitioner, funeral director and a teacher. We all shared photos of our children and laughed about old times in high school and wondered what the other girls that no one had heard from were doing these days!
I am hoping for a better turn out for our 20th!

3 comments:

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

And you looked the cutest in that outfit, right? That's the most important part.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

What a wide range in careers! Funeral director?! Wow - now that's one you don't meet everyday.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

I have my 20th next year, can't wait!!! I think a lot can happen in 20 years. We didn't have a 10 so it should be interesting.