Sunday, December 23, 2007

Merry Christmas!


Well, 1 more day until Santa comes to visit. I still have wrapping to do, cooking, cleaning and packing. All the napkins are done and shipped. Thanks to all my customers of 2007! Hopefully, it will all get done tonight and tomorrow.
Hubby the children and I went to the Homestead for the weekend. It was fun and magical and a great way to celebrate Christmas. Hubby and I had not been since pre children and the children loved it. We bowled, had tea, played games, put together puzzles, ate, went swimming and ate. The Homestead has this huge, delicious breakfast. My favorite was the homemade donuts. I have a weakness for donuts!

One little tidbit from our trip. Mr. 5 has never met a stranger and loves making new friends. I have to say he is very confident and outgoing. Well, after he had finished eating breakfast, hubby and I still eating. He looks into the big dining room and sees lots of families and children and says" I want to go make a new friend" He saw lots of children in the room that he wanted to play with and thought why not make a new friend for the last 2 hours of my stay. So cute and made Hubby and I chuckle.




As I mentioned we ate. My favorite was the sherry vinaigrette that accompanied two of my salads during my stay and it was delicious. I am going to try to find a recipe that is close to it for my salad tomorrow evening.





Did I mention that my birthday is tomorrow. Yes-December the 24th. I will be 33. I can't believe it is here again. I have to say having a birthday Christmas Eve was not fun as a child. My birthday always had to be held in the beginning of December and you received all of your presents at one time during the year. That is why both of my children were born in the summer!!




I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!! Talk to you after the New Year!

8 comments:

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

So glad you had a great time! Happy Birthday!!

BEST OF THE NEST said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you had a great trip ..have heard it is wonderful there...Will have to take the kids sometime soon...Merry Christmas...

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Happy Birthday OLD LADY~ ha ha ha only 3 months older than me!

Hope it's wonderful!

magnoliabelle said...

Hope you have a fabulous birthday!!!

The 5 Bickies said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Your trip to the Homestead sounds great.

Oh, and Merry Christmas too.

Ned said...

Happy Birthday! My napkins were a hit today!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and happy birthday! Thanks for the clutch - my mom loved it. We filled it with Brighton goodies and she couldn't have been happier. Thanks!

Preppy Napkin said...

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes. It was a nice day with my family and one of my favorite cakes!