Tuesday, September 23, 2008

No Go!

We are not going to Long Beach in the fall. When I was doing some research on line, I wasn't finding many great things about Long Beach. They only have one boutique hotel and not the best chain hotels, so I was a little hesitant, based on those facts. Well, hubby asked his friend, who travels all over and this is what he said about Long Beach. "Long Beach is to California as Newark is to New Jersey", so with that said-that would be a no go. We have both been to Newark and don't need to travel cross country for that.

5 comments:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

how about dana point, ca? it's beautiful there! we stayed at the http://www.bluelanterninn.com/ - OMG, talk about views! we were over looking a cliff with an amazing view of the ocean. definitely worth checking out! its south of newport beach and north of san clemente! i would go back there in a heart beat!!

Kate said...

Long Beach is definitely not the nicest part but there are so many nice areas around there. Maybe try one of those areas next vacation :)

Anonymous said...

good move--that's a long flight for a mediocre hotel. Hopefully your husband gets boondoggles at nearby resorts like the homestead? I just passed on a trip to Vegas for my husband's conference. Not my kind of place.

The Mrs. said...

Go to Laguna or Santa Barbara and you'll be happy!!!! I agree with the Long beach sentiment....but I want to see you! Glad you got your little banana treat!
xo

The 5 Bickies said...

That is funny comparing Long Beach to Newark. I don't remember there being much in Long Beach but all those beach towns run together and there lots of other things to see and do within driving distance. Maybe better to save the time and $ for a better trip.